May 28, 2013 - New book released "Instant Creating Data Models with PowerPivot How-to"
May 28, 2013 - New book released "Instant Creating Data Models with PowerPivot How-to by Leo Taehyung Lee".
Build better business intelligence with this practical guide to creating Excel data models with PowerPivot
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Detailed, step-by-step interactive tutorial guide to learning PowerPivot
- Carefully organized topics for users of all levels
- Learn how to make your data accessible and attractive
Microsoft PowerPivot is a free software designed to enhance Microsoft Excel. It allows the user to make extensive use of his/her computer’s powers to draw data from various sources, do analysis across millions of rows of data, and present results in a very unique format.
Instant Creating Data Models with PowerPivot How-to to is a concise and to-the-point guide that helps you get a jump start on using this strong business intelligence tool, while still working in an environment similar to Excel. You will begin with data generation and manipulation, learning a new feature at each step by building onto the old file, and ultimately creating a comprehensive file.
Instant Creating Data Models with PowerPivot How-to to will guide the user through database installation, importing data from various sources, creating pivot charts and tables, utilizing a unique feature of PowerPivot called slicers,adding custom columns, and setting custom relationships between data to generate the ultimate customized dataset for analysis. By the end of the book and all the sections of Microsoft PowerPivot for Excel, the reader will be fully experienced and ready to utilize this powerful software.
What you will learn from this book
- Install a database and import/export data freely
- Collect and combine data across various sources and formats
- Understand relationships between various data
- Develop complex tables and models for future analysis
- Design meaningful charts and tables easy for everyone to understand
- Write custom codes to modify data to a required form
- Extend PowerPivot with external programs for further collaboration