March 19, 2011 - New book released "PowerPivot for Business Intelligence Using Excel and SharePoint"
March 19, 2011 - New book released "PowerPivot for Business Intelligence Using Excel and SharePoint" by Barry Ralston.
PowerPivot Solutions for Excel and SharePoint is aimed at information workers and data analysts who typically use Excel to drive business decisions. The book shows how you can apply PowerPivot to problems typically addressed through complicated and arcane spreadsheet techniques. Business people without the time and interest in learning Excel arcane will especially appreciate how PowerPivot enables them to easily create models and perform analysis far in advance of anything they could do using Excel alone.
What you’ll learn
- Install and verify the PowerPivot software
- Integrated existing, available data to deliver business intelligence
- Leverage Time Intelligence to report change over time
- Write Data Analysis Expressions (DAX) to create custom measures
- Identify and implement solutions for role-playing dimensions
- Recognize and work-around PowerPivot’s missing features