|Are you making daiquiris or blenders?|
|Written by Rob Collie|
|Wednesday, 23 March 2011 19:39|
Many years ago, I was designing a feature for Excel 2003. And the VP of our division of Office, a man named Richard McAniff, didn't like the feature. At one point, he told me:
"Rob, it's like you live in a world where everyone wants really tasty daiquiris. And what you are building is a blender. A blender that, when assembled and used properly, can make great daiquiris. But the problem is, no one wants the blender. They don't want to mess with it, they're too busy for that. What they want. is just the tasty daiquiri."Read more...
- Schrodinger s Pivot, or Why CALCULATE() Should Be Your Favorite Function EVER.
- Repeat Customers in DAX: Three Flavors
- Displaying Top N, Bottom N, and "All Others"
- Blending "Time of Day" Analysis with Calendar/Date Analysis
- SUMX of IF: A Perfect Blend of Simple and Sophisticated
- Step by step guide on installing PowerPivot for SharePoint on a single machine
- How to install PowerPivot for Excel and list of know issues
- List of PowerPivot DAX functions with description
- List of suggested datasets to test PowerPivot
- Q: How can I calculate difference between two dates in DAX (seconds, minutes, hours, days and months)
- DAX cheat sheet
- Learning PowerPivot and DAX
- Using Power Pivot and Power View for Profit Analysis