|PowerPivot Compression: Mysterious Ways|
|Written by Rob Collie|
|Thursday, 29 March 2012 22:03|
Longtime readers of this blog have seen me tout the benefits of reducing columns in your data, even if that means adding a lot more rows (see also David cover it here).
Well, I recently discovered an exception to that "rule." And that same data set also yielded a VERY dramatic example of the benefits of sorting your data prior to import.
Let's cover one at a time. But first, some perspective.Read more...
- Excel 2016: Ten Heartwarming Improvements
- RANKX-apalooza: Within and Across Groups, With Filters, Etc.
- Schrodinger s Pivot, or Why CALCULATE() Should Be Your Favorite Function EVER.
- Repeat Customers in DAX: Three Flavors
- Displaying Top N, Bottom N, and "All Others"
- Step by step guide on installing PowerPivot for SharePoint on a single machine
- How to install PowerPivot for Excel and list of know issues
- List of PowerPivot DAX functions with description
- List of suggested datasets to test PowerPivot
- Q: How can I calculate difference between two dates in DAX (seconds, minutes, hours, days and months)
- DAX cheat sheet
- Learning PowerPivot and DAX
- Using Power Pivot and Power View for Profit Analysis