Hands-on-Labs - PowerPivot in SQL Server 2008 R2 (Part of the SQL Server training kit)
Microsoft released "SQL Server 2008 R2 Update for Developers Training Kit" that contains Hands-on-Labs - PowerPivot in SQL Server 2008 R2.
This hands-on lab introduces to the Microsoft SQL Server PowerPivot for Excel 2010 add-in and shows how to load data into it and how to create PowerPivot pivot tables. It also introduces DAX expressions for multidimensional calculations against PowerPivot data and explains how to publish PowerPivot workbooks to Microsoft SQL Server PowerPivot for SharePoint 2010.
Note: Hands-On-Lab for PowerPivot requires that your computer has following software:
- Windows PowerShell
- PowerShell Execution Policy
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2
- Microsoft Office 2010 Excel
- Microsoft SQL Server PowerPivot for Excel
- SQL Server AdventureWorksDW2008R2 2008 Sample Database
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Reporting Services
Note 1: This training kit also contains Video - PowerPivot for Excel/SharePoint 2010 - Interview with T.K. Anand. This video can be watched online (without downloading this training kit)
Note 2: This trainink kit contains many other videos and hands-on-labs related to SQL Server 2008R2.