|PowerPivot tutorial videos|
|Written by Jason Thomas|
|Sunday, 27 February 2011 17:35|
Reposted from Jason Thomas blog with the author's permission.
Waking up early morning for a technical webinar is so not me (I really love to have my sleep in the morning!); but then I was very interested in the PowerPivot webinar which was going to be taken by Rupesh Patric (Microsoft Partner Technical Consultant and an accomplished artist) exclusively for people from my company, MindTree Ltd. As I was the only one from UK, the time was adjusted for the majority people in India which meant I had to wake up early. Ofcourse, I knew I wouldn’t regret losing my beauty sleep from the very moment the presentation started and overall, it was a good introduction to PowerPivot. To top it all, Rupesh sent a goodie pack containing some video tutorials for PowerPivot and I thought it would be too selfish of me if I didn’t share it with you guys.
If you are interested in Business Intelligence video tutorials, I would recommend you to visit Microsoft’s Channel 9, plenty more of the good stuff there.
Another great Microsoft Technet resource – PowerPivot for Excel (Business Intelligence) was brought to my notice by Michele Hart (Microsoft). This site serves as a one-stop place for your PowerPivot requirements, be it articles, whitepapers, blogs, samples, videos or information about PowerPivot books. But the best part is the Virtual Lab where you can actually work and get your hands dirty on a system. Check it out!
- Step by step guide on installing PowerPivot for SharePoint on a single machine
- How to install PowerPivot for Excel and list of know issues
- List of PowerPivot DAX functions with description
- List of suggested datasets to test PowerPivot
- Q: How can I calculate difference between two dates in DAX (seconds, minutes, hours, days and months)
- DAX cheat sheet
- Learning PowerPivot and DAX
- Using Power Pivot and Power View for Profit Analysis