|Getting difference of two dates in seconds with PowerPivot DAX|
|Written by Kasper de Jonge|
|Saturday, 05 December 2009 20:31|
I wanted to get some information on a importing process where i load different files into a database. I don’t have access to the database i only get CSV export files from the admins.
I have two date fields where i want to see the difference between them in seconds (should only take seconds). In SQL Server i would have used DateDiff function and be done with it. No such function is available in DAX so we have to be creative ourselves. I loaded the CSV into PowerPivot and decided to add new measurs in PowerPivot window.
- Step by step guide on installing PowerPivot for SharePoint on a single machine
- How to install PowerPivot for Excel and list of know issues
- List of PowerPivot DAX functions with description
- List of suggested datasets to test PowerPivot
- Q: How can I calculate difference between two dates in DAX (seconds, minutes, hours, days and months)
- DAX cheat sheet
- Learning PowerPivot and DAX
- Using Power Pivot and Power View for Profit Analysis