|Learning DAX Measures – the “Spicy Function” Scale|
|Written by Rob Collie|
|Wednesday, 17 November 2010 23:42|
Is There a Preferred Way To Learn DAX Measures?
I’m glad you asked :) Actually, I do get asked this quite often – in email, on Twitter, and in person at events like last week’s PASS Summit in Seattle. I promised the folks at my Birds of a Feather lunch table that I would blog about the approach that I take in my consulting/training engagements.
I then, of course, promptly forgot. Good thing Phil reminded me today in Twitter, because it gave me an opportunity to put together that menu mockup above. Which clearly is where my time is best spent while watching Monday Night Football.
So, here it is. The official PowerPivotPro technique, refined by decades spent in the trenches of DAX. But first, some background.
- Step by step guide on installing PowerPivot for SharePoint on a single machine
- List of PowerPivot DAX functions with description
- How to install PowerPivot for Excel and list of know issues
- List of suggested datasets to test PowerPivot
- Q: How can I calculate difference between two dates in DAX (seconds, minutes, hours, days and months)
- Learning PowerPivot and DAX
- Using Power Pivot and Power View for Profit Analysis
- Microsoft Virtual Lab: PowerPivot for Excel 2010 Introduction