Learning PowerPivot and DAX
This page contains links that will help you to learn how to use PowerPivot for Excel and new language DAX (Data Analysis eXpressions).
PowerPivot for Excel setup
- Installing PowerPivot for Excel and list of known issues
- How to check what version of PowerPivot for Excel you have installed on your machine
- Guide on loading ContosoBI database into PowerPivot for Excel
PowerPivot for Excel interface
- How to create relationship between 2 tables in PowerPivot for Excel (not posted yet)
- How to create PowerPivot linked Excel table (not posted yet)
- How to load data into PowerPivot from oData source (not posted yet)
- My PowerPivot table was loaded from the SQL Server table that recently was changed. How can I apply these source table changes to PowerPivot table?
- How can I create Calendar Date/Time table for PowerPivot if I do not have any source for that?
- How can I create Fiscal Date/Time table for PowerPivot if I do not have any source for that?
- How do I hide "Grand Total" calculation for PowerPivot columns and/or rows?
- PowerPivot for Excel - tips for users (not posted yet)
Creating Calculated columns with DAX
- Create PowerPivot Calculated column from the same table columns (not posted yet)
- Create PowerPivot calcualted column using other related table columns (not posted yet)
Creating Calculated measures with DAX
- I have a field in the pivot that shows duration on some event in seconds. How can I create calculated measure using DAX that would convert numeric result (seconds) to string in the format hh:mm:ss?
- How can I create DAX calculation that counts distinct number of customers who had sales?
- How can I create DAX calculation that shows each customers sales ration to total sales?
- How can I create DAX calculation that shows Month To Date (MTD) sales values?
- How can I create DAX calculation that shows Previous Month To Date (Previous MTD) sales values?
- Tracking inventory with PowerPivot for Excel
PowerPivot for SharePoint
- How to save your PowerPivot workbook to SharePoint (not posted yet)
- Why I cannot save bigger PowrePivot workbook to SharePoint? (not posted yet)
General PowerPivot/DAX information
- List of PowerPivot DAX functions with description
- List of PowerPivot DAX functions (short)
- List of suggested datasets to test PowerPivot